- Alexander McQueen’s store in the Meat Packing District has been closed until Saturday a white shade has been drawn of the 14th street windows. Photographer and mourners have gathered outside with roses.
- The presentation for McQ, McQueens lower priced line, has been canceled.
- Vogue Editor Anna Wintour has issued a statement on the passing of McQueen:“We are devastated to learn of the death of Alexander McQueen, one of the greatest talents of his generation. He brought a uniquely British sense of daring and aesthetic fearlessness to the global stage of fashion. In such a short career, Alexander McQueen’s influence was astonishing — from street style, to music culture and the world’s museums. His passing marks an insurmountable loss.”
- Fashion Week continued as celebrities heard the news under the tents at Bryant Park. Many turned to Twitter to tweet their reactions:
· @tyrabanks: RIP Alexander McQueen. so so sad. such a huge loss. He was one of my favorite designers. He will be missed.· Rachel Zoe: “I cant describe the tragic loss of such a brilliant man and designer Alexander McQueen..R.I.P xo RZ”· Donatella Versace: “Alexander McQueen was unique. His imagination had no limits, he had an amazing personality and his creativity was genius.”